Had unprotected oral sex. Having purple spot on penis with sore throat and fever. STD?

Excellent
Question
After giving and receiving unprotected oral sex, the next day I noticed a purple-ish spot on the back of my penis where the skin is folded (the spot could have always been there and I just haven't noticed it until then). I looked up common STDs but it does not look like any I could find. The spot is painless, with a purple-ish appearance and with what seems like a bubbled raising, somewhat like a blister. However, I can mess with the spot and it never hurts and when applying pressure the bubbled spot gives no indication that it will pop (and I've been inspecting it a lot). Also, I can't really see the spot unless I move the folds of skin to reveal it and it only appears bubbled when I do stretch the skin. I also had a sore throat and body aches with a fever the next day, and when I visited my doctor was given antibiotics for strep throat (even though my rapid test was negative). (The last time I had strep, however, both my rapid test and throat culture came back negative but I definitely had strep because I ended up having Scarlet Fever since I was allergic to the toxins, too.) She also looked at the spot and suggested that it might just be a pinched or irritated vein on my penis, but didn't seem too sure, and I can't find pictures online looking the same. What could the spot potentially be, an STD, or just an irregularity? It seems unchanged for the past 3 days. Also does my sore throat potentially indicate some viral infection related from oral sex instead of strep since my rapid did come back negative?
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
I have seen the image attached. The purplish rash seems to be due to a mild local injury to the area while having oral sex. This is not related to any infection or STD and is likely to subside on its own with color changes like a bruise in next few days.
Do not pop the overlying blister or handle it frequently as it can increase the chances of infection in the area.
In case the rash is persistent then it can be an area of abnormal pigmentation or mole and do consult a dermatologist if there is a change in size, shape, irregular margins or ulceration.
The sore throat that you are having is more likely to be due to a viral infection as the rapid test has come negative and the symptoms appeared on the next day after having unprotected oral sex.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex. Having purple spot on penis with sore throat and fever. STD? 30 minutes later
Would a viral infection also cause my tongue to have a yellowed look as well? I have only been taking the antibiotics for two days, but they have seemed to help, unless I'm just getting over the virus quickly (since antibiotics shouldn't help with a virus). Likewise, could it be some other bacterial infection (potentially connected to a STD) that the antibiotics I'm taking would help with too?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
A viral infection can cause a yellowish looking tongue due to less water intake. If you are feeling much better after taking antibiotics then a superadded bacterial infection is likely.
But it is less likely to be related to STD as the bacterial infections after a sexual encounter do take at least 3-4 days to become symptomatic.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.