Had surgery for broken ankle and fibula. Need ankle fuse, am in plaster. Ankle has given way with loud crack. Go to hospital?

I broke my ankle and fibula back in october 2011 I had surgery the day after to have pins and plates put in approx 1 week later the fibula wound became infected so I spent 7 weeks in hospital having 8 washouts and removal of half of the fibula.
The wound never healed so I had free flap surgerey 6 weeks ago at the same time the metal work was removed my ankle has since pulled away from bones in my leg so I will need a ankle fuse I am currently in plaster but today my ankle has given way and there was a loud crack - should I attend hospital or wait until 11th September when I have an appointment?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

You have an unstable ankle joint and over that had a crack to make the matter more concerning, Although visibly the flap looks healthy in the photo.
The prolems are on the worse side because you may get the complications of impaired blood supply to distal part and a gangrene also and in that case the infections can spread further making the outcome must.
You should go to ER and get it evaluated by an Orthopedician as soon as feasible.

I hope the advise would be helpful for you.