Had sex during period. Started spotting after regular period. HPT negative. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
I had my periods and I had sex during the periods towards the end and about two weeks ago I had light spotting. I have done tests and they all came negative. what do I do.
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 21 minutes later
If you are having regular periods, as you had intercourse during the non fertile period the chances of pregnancy are very less.
The spotting you had could be ovulatory spotting or due to some other causes like hormonal fluctuation.
For more details:http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/08/mittelschmerz.html
So no need to worry.
You wait till your expected date of periods. Possibly you will get your periods as usual.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Had sex during period. Started spotting after regular period. HPT negative. What to do? 8 minutes later
I normally don't have regular periods. After my spotting i have the discharge and I took some tests and it says negative. I do not have morning sickness or any of the symptoms but I am still panicking. Today I started having vaginal itches. should I be concerned?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later
Though you are not having regular periods, usually ovulation will not occur on around 5 or 6th day of menstrual cycle unless your menstrual cycle length is less than 20 days.
And just by symptoms we cannot confirm or rule out the pregnancy.
You have to go for pregnancy test after crossing the expected date of periods.
So wait till your expected date of periods and go for test.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.