Had sex and having bumps on penis. Having fever and headache. Could it be a sexually transmitted disease?

Excellent
Question
I had 2 sexual encounters 10 days ago. 2 days after the sex small pimple like bumps showed up on my penis. They are very small and painless. The day after i began feeling like i had a fever and a headache. I want to know what these bumps are. Ive been online reading about all stds and hiv. Im scared and i believe the more Symptoms i read the more i find. Is it possible to scare myself into thinking i have these symptoms? What is this? Help!
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not likely to be an STD.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
STD’s usually present with many symptoms chief ones being any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer or sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms in case of HIV. Small painless bumps are usually not the only presenting symptom of a STD.
Since you had unprotected intercourse so possibility of sexually transmitted disease is high.The risk of the infection also depends on whether the person with whom you were involved was actually infected or not.

I would advise you to visit your Healthcare Provider in case any of the abovesaid symptoms appear for evaluation and required investigations so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.
Meanwhile avoid intercourse until cured.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had sex and having bumps on penis. Having fever and headache. Could it be a sexually transmitted disease? 10 minutes later
Can you have flu like symptoms 10 days later if affected with hiv? Can another std cause flu like symptoms? Does hiv cause bumps in the genitals? What are the chances of getting hiv?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIV does not cause symptoms so soon.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
HIV infection may not show any symptoms even upto six months after an infection. The only way to know is by getting a blood test done.
STDs can cause flu like symptoms but it is associated with other genital symptoms also.
The bumps in the genitals are not due to HIV.
The chances of getting HIV are there and only a blood test can rule this out.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.