Ask a Dentist   »  

Had root canal treatment. What is the permanent solution for tooth pain?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Hi, My name is XXXX Age - 31, I have done my root canal treatment on my right side teeth my problem is that whenever I eat any non-veg my teeth starts paining, please provide me permanent solution for that. Contact - 0000, New Delhi
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXXXX XXXX Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX XXXX, Thank you for the query. It is not clear whether you have permanent restoration or crown[cap] followed by root canal treatment. If the permanent restoration/crown is touching the opposing teeth little earlier than the rest then you are likely to have such problem[which is commonly called as high point]. for that if you go to your dentist he will check and do the selective grinding of the permanent restoration/crown. Other reason would be food may be getting stocked in between the teeth in region and leading to gum problem. This can be minimized by brushing and flossing after food, and if there is any contact problem with the neighboring tooth that may be rectified by dentist. If there is any other problem with the root canal procedure and around the root tip of the said tooth shall be interpreted only with x-ray. I hope this may give you relief and if you have anything to be clarified further you are most well-come. with happy regards and wising you speedy recovery.