Had protected sex many times. What are the chances of HIV infection?

HIV AIDS Specialist
plenty of protected sex with csw in thailand_, Singapore, Hong Kong and Philippines. I have a girlfriend. I fear that I may be putting her at HIV risk. am I? I have a small rash on the back of my hand
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Protectedsex offers 97% safety,not an absolute one Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Safe sex protection is not an absolute one. It reduces the risk of HIV/STD considerably. Correct and consistent usage of condoms without any slip or breakage offers a protection up to 97% safety towards HIV/STD. But your risk is very low. Unprotected vaginal intercourse carries a HIV risk of 5/ 10000 exposures only as per CDC,Atlanta. Here with protected sex it is still very very low,at the same time it is not 100% safe. So it is better to have a HIV test 3 months after your last sex encounter with an unknown girl and confirm that you are still free fro HIV and have your sex relationship with your girl friend and try to stick to a monogamous relationship with a single partner. That assures you an absolute safety. DR S.Murugan