Had lap removal of ovaries. Having bladder fullness and irritation. Is this normal?

Infertility Specialist
Today i had a lap removal of my ovaries. Last Decmeber i had everything else removed. in Dec; i was back at my desk job in 3 days full time. Today i feel worse than the first surgery! my surgeon said it would be a breeze and i would be back in 2 days. i have a heavy bladder, that is irriated (almost like a bladder infection, but know i dont have a bladder infection) is this normal?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You will be fine soon

Detailed Answer:

You have undergone surgery today only. It is very much possible to feel the way you are doing now. Since you are out of anesthesia recently, you will feel bladder fulleness and irritation. This is common to feel like this post surgery.

I suggest you please follow doctor's post operative advice and you will be fine soon. Antibiotics will be given to you after the procedure and not a cause for worry of bladder infection which will be covered with these medicines.

Please take adequate rest and you will be back in action soon.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol