Had intercourse while on pill. Feeling sore nipples, tight neck. Pregnancy test negative. Am I pregnant?

Poor
Question
i had a bleed 17th XXXXXXX from last pill, retook 22nd came off 27th and had sex 24th whilst on pill, even though i only took the pill for a few days, i thought i would have some withdraw bleed, but still nothing.. i took a test 6th july but that could have been done too early, now i think i am pregnant due to just sore nipples and no other symptoms yet.
i dont know what to do, me and my partner dont want kids and i hope i aint pregnant
my neck feels tight aswell and in march i was told i had underactive thyroid but i dont think this is linked to mypill
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 31 minutes later
Its possible that you may be pregnant.But that needs to be confirmed first.Usually discrepencies in the 1 st week of staring the pill pack does leave you unprotected.However,hormonal imbalance can also cause symptoms like you have.First step will be to confirm the pregnancy.Wait till mid july and take another test for pregnancy and of positive then go ahead from there.Its too early to have any correct pregnancy confirmation at present.You have to wait till 15-17th july before you re take the test.Underactive thyroid will require medication but wont affect the pill directly.
I suggest that you re-take the pregnancy test after a week.

Follow-up: Had intercourse while on pill. Feeling sore nipples, tight neck. Pregnancy test negative. Am I pregnant? 11 minutes later
my partner thinks i am pregnant cos of the pain in my nipples and i think i am too, we were wondering if a doctor can test through a blood test this week?
we are due to go away 20th july and dont know if i can take pill now till then cos if i am pregnant, i cant do anything about it till we return home as we dont want to go through an abortion before then.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
Its too early for confirmative results to show up.You should wait at least till the end of the week before you do the test.You may not get correct results if you do the test now.Dont take oc pills until a negative pregnancy is confirmed.

Follow-up: Had intercourse while on pill. Feeling sore nipples, tight neck. Pregnancy test negative. Am I pregnant? 17 minutes later
is it possible that i am pregnant? i might just be worrying but with all this pain in my nipples is frightening and the waiting is doing us no good!!

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later
Its possible,based on the fact that you missed your pills earlier the cycle.The sore nipples etc may be due to that and also may be due to hormonal imbalance.Its difficult to pin that on pregnancy at this early stage.If you're worried still,take the blood test by fri-sat.But you also need to repeat the test after 48hrs to get a confirmation.