Had hit on head. Started bleeding an dent appeared on skull. Feeling dizzy. What can I do?

I hit my head about 72 hours ago. I bled and now there is a dent in my skull. I am also getting a lot of dizzy spells. Dramamine seems to help somewhat. There are no other symptoms. I don't have insurance. What can I do?
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
You are symptomatic and you have a definite history of head injury and palpable dent.
It means you can have a serious underlying brain injury.
You need to rule it out with Noncontrast CT head.
That is the bare minimum requirement to make sure whether you can be managed without hospitalisation or not.
If no significant brain injuries then you could be managed with simple pain killers.
Another important issues are whether you had bleeding from ear, nose or had an episode of loss of consciousness/ VOMITING/ SEIZURES.
I hope this advise will be helpful for you.