Had hit on head. Got headache, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision and slightly blurred speech. Is physical therapy helpful?

I am 52 years old. On April 3 I was injured. my head was hit against the wall few times, and my head was pulled with my hair to different directions with high speed and strength. Plus I was scared to death few times. I was not feeling any pain at that moment, but later that day I got headache, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision and slightly blurred speach. I went to Hospital that night, my blood pressure was 163/107, I got low grade fever. Cat scan did not reveal anything. I was told -it was not emergency. But I have not feeling well since, I have head ache, some times it is top of head, and sometimes back of my head, sometimes sides of my head. I have feeling like inside of head is swollen, can not concentrate well, I feel dizzy. My eye sight worsened. I did not feel any pain in my neck at the beginning, but soon I got pain in neck and decreased mobility in the neck, I was advised to get physical therapy. What is your advice: Is physical therapy helpful for me with all my problems?
or what should i do? How long will it take to get well? When all the symptoms disappear? Since I don"t feel any better.
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Hello there,

I'm sorry that you had to go through this traumatic phase.

Even I thought you might have had some head injury, beacause of your symptoms like dizziness ,blurred vision, headache etc. But that is ruled out since the CT scan came back as normal. So, please be reassured that there is nothing majorly wrong with you.

Visit an ophthalmologist , if you feel your eye sight has worsened.
Sometimes, these kind of symptoms might be felt because you were very traumatised. I wish you would also see a psychologist for counselling.

It has been about 3 and a half months now and it is about time you felt better.

Physical therapy should definitely help you with your neck pain and decreased mobility.

I would also suggest that you join some relaxation classes/meditation classes.

Wishing you good health. Please be safe.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan