Had headache, diareaha, abdominal pain and swelling in tongue. Colonoscopy normal. Suggest

General Surgeon
Sick for ovr a month-- Had headache, diareaha, abdominal pain , trouble urinating swollen tongue at times, some nodes back of tongue still swollen. Had colonscopy--- all ok-- no cysts-tumor-polups, gall bladder, appendicitis, bld work -normal - went to er--- once overnite--- ran tests-- electrolites off-- Iv for that--- sof diet bland diet-- normal diet.. felt god for a week and a half and now dizzy, nauseated again. Tired-- weak-- Saw a GI Dr no diagnosis. Very frustrated. Nervous over all this

not diverticulitus ... they said... We live in Iowa some kind of intestinal virus or bacteria reported---not sure about all of it. this is itnot sure just wondering if

I am not gay----- I am not a drug user ---- I am not diabetic
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Nausea and diarrhea indicate some infection of the gastrointestinal tract or partial bowels obstruction.
Every diarrhea which lasts longer than 48 hours should be diagnosed with stool test and stool culture test. As you have adenoids enlarged, also angina can give such symptoms, however high fever should be present as well. Trouble with urinating seems to be caused by dehydration due to diarrhea.
Mentioned by you viral infection can be the reason.
Partial bowels obstruction can be caused by inflammatory bowels disease (Crohns disease) or adhesions(more possible if you have had any abdominal surgeries).

I suggest you to visit your doctor once again and have stool tests and abdominal X-ray.
In a meanwhile please try BRAT diet (banana, rice, XXXXXXX sauce, toast) and start probiotic supplementation.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.