Had frozen embryo transfer. Ultrasound showed no fetal pole and blighted ovum. Any suggestion?

I had a frozen embryo transfer and went for ist ultrasound at 6W 1D. Gestational sac at 11.s mm - no yolk sac or fetal pole. Told I have a blighted ovum. HCG rising okay. Is this a foregone conclusion or do I have a chance.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
At 6 weeks 1 day gestation, a yolk sac and fetal poles should be visible. Since there are no fetal poles, a blighted ovum is likely. But if your HCG levels are rising normally, it is best to wait for a week and go for a repeat ultrasound scan to see any growth in the sac size or the fetus. Rising HCG levels are suggestive of a viable pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had frozen embryo transfer. Ultrasound showed no fetal pole and blighted ovum. Any suggestion? 1 hour later
Does a tilted uterus affect visialization. We had twins-only one sac at six weeks for Twin A-noteven a sac for Twin B until eight weeks?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
A tilted uterus does not affect the visualization on ultrasound scan.
Only one sac with no growth of sac size over a span of 7 days is suggestive of a blighted ovum.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.