Had food poisoning and diarrhoea. Stool is soft. Is this normal?

I have a question about bowel movements. Last month I had a food poisoning and I had diarrhea for 10 days and I took some medications. Then I had a fever and I was coughing maybe because my immunity system went down after the diarrhea. I used to go once a day to the toilet and the feces were in a solid shape comes out in one block and no bad smell. Know I go to the toilet 2 or 3 times a day and the feces are not solid like half soft and half diarrhea. I was wondering if this is normal or I have some issues and what do u advise me to do
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: need investigations Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I have read your query. I am sorry about your current health status. Your symptoms point towards infective pathology. Probably, you are not cured completely of the food poisoning that you had last month. I would suggest you to get a stool routine test done to look for any infection in the intestines. Please give your feces sample for testing. We should also rule out intestinal worm infestation. For this, I treat my patients with a single tablet of Albendazole 400mg after dinner once in every six months. Do not worry; there is nothing serious with your health condition. You need correct treatment if infection is diagnosed. Let me know if you have more queries.