Had delayed periods, cramping. Got bleeding with blood clots and severe cramping. Always had normal periods. Suggest?

Dear sir/madam
My actual period time 26 or 27 last period date was may 29th. Now I got continous cramping in my abdomen from 28th to 30th XXXXXXX for3days.but no bleeding then.but After on 30th XXXXXXX (ie) on 33rd days from my peiod, I got light bleeding and 1st july I got blood cloting and severe cramping. Bleeding and cramping in My actual period is usually normal and no clotting. But now very acute pain with clots.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
The mild spotting and brownish discharge with cramps that you are having with an overdue period could be due to
1. Impending period- may have been delayed due to stress and anxiety.
2. Implantation bleed which is mostly only spotting and lasts only for few days
3.blighted ovum or missed abortion in which case there will be a longer bout of bleeding and a negative pregnancy test after a few weeks
4. ectopic pregnancy with nonviable embryo and withdrawal bleeding following that.
You can do a pregnancy test using the home pregnancy test kits available over the counter or consult your physician for a blood test (Serum HCG) which is more accurate to confirm or rule out pregnancy.
Depending on these your obstetrician will be able to guide you to the further course of treatment and management. A transvaginal ultrasound is recommended in case the pregnancy test is positive. Do not self medicate or take any pain killer till then.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.