Had concussion from accident, lost consciousness. Started getting nose bleed. What can be done?

I had a concussion from a serious car accident lost consciousness for about ten minutes and today about 3 days later I started getting a nose bleed. ? What should I do?
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Joe Antony 2 hours later

I went through your description. This may not be as simple a situation as you think...the total loss of consciousness followed by nosebleed must be taken seriously. Hence I would advise a CT scan of brain if it wasn't done after the injury to rule out intracranial bleed/injury.

It is recommended that you see a surgeon following the scan brain. You will need to be observed at a hospital for 24 to 48 hours. Therefore I suggest you to visit the nearest ER.

I will be available for discussion and help if any.