Had complete abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report says heavy uterus with fibroids. Suggest?

Hi I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy two weeks ago and the pathology report came back saying my uterus weighed 415gms with a 9.5cm fibroid on top. I'm trying to visualize if I were pregnant what week or month would I be in.
Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Size of uterus in cm = weeks of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
I am a little bit confused about your question & in doubt about what you have actually asked.
I guess, you want to know that, how much would be the duration of pregnancy if you are pregnant with the size of the uterus similar to your histopathology sample.
So, the answer is, before 12 weeks of pregnancy duration of pregnancy is roughly equal to the size of uterus in centimeters. You have to tell the size of uterus in centimeters along with the fibroid size for me to calculate size in weeks of gestation.
However, any possible pregnancy would have shown itself on ultrasound & histopathology sample.
In case your question is different from what I have provided an answer for, please write back more clearly.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Had complete abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report says heavy uterus with fibroids. Suggest? 17 minutes later
I'm looking to be able to visuluze the size of my removed uterus at 415 grams and the fibroid at 9.5centimeters how far along in pregnancy week wise I would be. I know I am not pregnant as the surgery was completed two weeks ago . I'm just trying to compare removed items to a pregnacy.I hope this makes more sense.

Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A rough estimate.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Weight of a non- pregnant uterus is about 45-60 grams. At the end of pregnancy it may weigh up to 1000gms. So, your uterine weight is about midway, say about 18-20 weeks of gestation. I have given you this very rough estimate, however, as I have stressed earlier, you have to provide the length of the uterus including the fibroid ( and not just fibroid length ) to compare the size of uterus in weeks of pregnancy.
Hope I have cleared my point in better words now.
Best regards.