Had cervical spinal fusion causing swelling of the chord. Have sensation distortion down both arms. Spinal cord injury?

About 1 year ago I had cervical spinal fusion. This was done due to two extruding disks which turned the center vertebra sideways putting pressure directly on spinal cord causing swelling of the cord. Today I still have sensation distortion down both arms. Would this be considered a spinal cord injury ?
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 37 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

From your query I learn that you had cervical disc with compression of spinal cord for which decompression surgery with spinal fixation was done.Now you still have sensory symptoms both arms.

Nothing to worry,this symptoms are due to pinched nerve earlier ,rather than fresh spinal cord injury.

This has to be clinically confirmed by neurological examination.

I suggest to repeat the scan .For neuralgic symptoms pregabantin with methycobal preparation would be effective. It might be worthwhile to consult a neurologist and plan the aforementioned tests

If you have any quires you can consult me again or if you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.