Had bug bites with itching, scab formed. Infection?

My son has a bunch of bug bites that itch. One has a scab that is brown with XXXXXXX on it. Not weeping. Is it infected?
Posted Tue, 19 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 43 minutes later

XXXXXXX colour in the scab is normal and indicates a stage in transformation of a blood clot and the scratch XXXXXXX into a scab.

Watch to the signs of infection like swelling and redness around the lesion and formation of pus.

Do give him a dose or antihistamininc medication after consulting his treating paediatrician.

Wish you good health.

Please do accept my answer with a review if it was satisfying.