Had broken tail bone. Having sore hip, headache and ulcer in mouth. How to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I fell off a horse in August , broke tail bone, and sore hip, seems to get better, but yesterday I lifted a rage XXXXXXX and now today I feel pressure in left but cheek, and pressure when I poop, I have a an ulcer in my mouth dentist says it will go away in a week or so, also head ake.
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
The feeling of pressure and pain after lifting a large XXXXXXX is likely to be due to a hematoma.
For diagnosis it is important to get an x-ray and a MRI scan of the area done. X-rays are very sensitive for picking up any fracture and MRI is one of the best tests for ruling out and identifying soft tissue injuries in the area of injury.
I recommend you to consult an Orthopedician for proper examination and required investigations.
Meanwhile -
1. Do a cold compress on the area of injury.
2. Avoid weight bearing on the foot.
3. Keep the foot elevated on two pillows while resting.
4. Get some mild pain killers prescribed from your doctor. These will help with your headache too.
Avoid constipation and have plenty of fluids and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.