Had blood work done. WBC levels were high, PLT count was high, high SGOT levels, high cholesterol. What is goiong on?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
i am very confused right now. my five year old recently had some blood work done and some of her levels were high which is causing a concern. the lab said we needed to contact and make an appointment with her doctor but i cannot get her in to see him for another week and im going crazy and doing as much research online as i possibly can but im no doctor and i have no clue what it all means. plz help me to understand what could be going on with her. she has high levels of the following tests: high wbc count,. high plt count, high sgot levels, and high hdl cholestrol.. plz help me
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. K. C. Pant 26 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Your child as you have mentioned is diagnosed as case of ADHD and having high values of TWBC, platelet count, SGOT and HDL Cholesterol.

Is she on medication? what are the real values of these tests? Please do write back with reports so that I can suggest better.

At this point I can only say it could be due to some infection and associated disturbed metabolism, particularly involving liver functions.

Please do write back with the reports.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Had blood work done. WBC levels were high, PLT count was high, high SGOT levels, high cholesterol. What is goiong on? 1 hour later
she is not on medication as of right now. we do, however have a script for concenta but we do not start her on that until saturday. other than that she is just a normal little girl who has a lot of health issues. is this something i can wait till next week to see her doctor or should i try to get in sooner or perhaps with a diffeerent doctor. r there any red flags i should be aware of. i need to know the severity of something like this. ur help is appreciated..i didnt know where else to go
Follow-up: Had blood work done. WBC levels were high, PLT count was high, high SGOT levels, high cholesterol. What is goiong on? 4 hours later
i just love how i am supposed to have two follow up questions and it has been hours for a doctor to respond but my initial question was answered right away. plz answer these questions for me. ur site boasts and brags about being competant and giving the best advice as to what direrction a person should take to cure their ailment. i am very unhappy and wish for a doctor to actually answer my questions instead of beating around the bush. i have no lab reports but i did include the test results for the dr to see.
very unhappy in florida
Answered by Dr. K. C. Pant 1 hour later
While I do understand your concern, please do understand that I need to know the symptoms of your child before we can take this discussion to a meaningful conclusion.
The severity of symptoms and the red flags can only be identified once we have the complete medical picture.
I would request you to let me know the symptoms of your child so that I can help you better. At present, it can only be concluded that your child has an infection in association with disturbed metabolism. It would be wrong to draw any further conclusions.
Awaiting your reply