Had blighted ovum. Having sharp abdominal pain during periods. Has tilted uterus. How to reduce the pain?

My wife had a blighted ovum last february and had a D&C as a consequence. After that, after every menstrual cycle, she is having a sharp lower left abdominal pain, sometimes that stretches to lower back as well and stays for 2-3 days. My wife has shifted/tilted uterus. How the pain can be reduced? Also, will it affect future pregnancy? Does blighted ovum mean she is OK as far as fertility is concerned?
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No effect on fertility

Detailed Answer:

Blighted ovum is physiological defect of the fertilized egg. It is not something which is serious and will not affect fertility in the future. It is also commonly seen. She can try for pregnancy as soon as she's ready again.

As far as the dysmenorrhea goes,ie, the pain during menses, it is also common and can be treated with pain medication for 2-3 days during the pain. I usually prescribe Meftal spaz tablets twice a day if the pain is not controlled by other pain-killers.

Fertility shouldn't be a problem here.
Follow-up: Had blighted ovum. Having sharp abdominal pain during periods. Has tilted uterus. How to reduce the pain? 40 minutes later
I forgot to mention, during D & C, USG revealed my wife has cystic ovary. Is is something to be concerned about? Can this be the reason behind the pain? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cystic ovaries are common but nit painful

Detailed Answer:

Cystic ovaries are also common. However, its unlikely that is the cause of the pain.

Most likely it is dysmenorhea. The pain that occurs during the menstrual cycles is called dysmenorrhea and common in all women. It maybe due to irregular contractions of the uterus and muscle pull due to uterine tilt.

Nothing to be concerned about.