Had an unprotected oral sex. Have burning sensation inside penis , maybe penile tube. Is that HIV?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Hello doctor. I had an unprotected oral sex with the prostitute. She blowjob me, and next day i start to have burning sensation inside of my penis , maybe penile tube. So my question is that a symptom of HIV? And do i likely get it from oral sex?
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 minutes later
Hi. Thank you for your query.

There is a risk, but it is extremely minor and less than 1/10 000 per exposure. So usually it is advisable to use condom in oral sex too since not just HIV,but other STDs are possible to be transmitted.
Your symptom is not sign of HIV and HIV will ever manifest in next days after intercourse. ARS syndrome develops usually 3-4 weeks after exposure.
This can be sign of urethral injury, allergic reaction, urinary infection or STD(especially if you notice us discharge,fever or penis changes.
The best approach is to do urine analysis and STD tests if burning sensation persists for more than 4-5 days.
Will you do HIV test or not it depends on you. As I said, even if she was HIV +,the risk is very low,but if you have any doubts you can do HIV test,best 8 weeks after exposure.