Had D&C for light prolonged bleeding. Having bleeding after 2 weeks. Normal?

I had D&C for light prolonged bleeding 6 weeks ago. Dr said he scraped aggressively, got some muscle in sample and scraped fibroid in uterine wall to see if he could make it scar?? He said everything looked okay 2 weeks ago and my period was going to start and should clean my uterus out. Still having gushes of blood and lots of clots. Is this normal? Can't see my gyno until next week! I'm scared he made it worse and I'll need a hysterectomy or I'm going to get anemic again! He's talking hysterectomy, Lupron, Depo or Mirena because he says it's hormone related. This is NOT just hormone related. I have Never experienced anything like this and I know it's something to do with this procedure! I had it to take care of light bleeding and now it's ten times worse!!!
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
The excessive bleeding that you are having now could be due to the fibroid you have or the excessive scraping during D&C or endometrial hyperplasia.
The management of this condition would require treatment with progesterone to stabilize the endometrium and reduce bleeding along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid.
You need to consult your OB-GYN to initiate the proper therapy.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.