Got kicked in pubic bone area. Felt bruised and swollen, took paracetamol and Naproxen but still in pain

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Got kicked in pubic bone area Friday eve. Felt bruised Saturday but by Sunday evening felt swollen and pain kept me awake despite paracetomol and already taking 500g 2x daily Naproxen for my neck. Monday I took the same drugs..Arnica and hot and cold. Pain sit and walk. What can I do to help it and how long till it improves
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be soft tissue injry

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Seems to be soft tissue injury. Swelling might be due to haematoma formation (collection of blood).

Some general tips from my side -
Avoid sitting for long hours.
You need to avoid massaging the area.
Do a cold compress on the area of injury.
Beside icing, you can continue taking anti-inflammatory drug Naproxen to reduce pain and inflammation.

The pain and swelling might take over a week to subside.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.