What is the treatment for swollen joint after knocking my knuckle?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Knocked my knuckle slightly which bled a little, next day very swollen joint which is very painful, cannot bend, it's now two days and more swollen?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lkely to be a soft tissue injury Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. From the picture attached it seems to be a minor soft tissue injury. Any bony injury is not likely. To reduce the swelling and pain avoid any movement of the knuckle by strapping the middle finger to the ring finger. Do a cold compress thrice a day and take a mild pain killer after meals. In case the pain persists or the swelling increases further then do consult your orthopedician for examination and X-ray. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL