Bleeding and swelling in nose. Why congested? Noticed a dot. What is it?

My daughter was leaning down to pet a puppy and he head butted her in the nose . Initially there was no bleeding or swelling . The morning after she woke up and it was a little swollen. Today it was still swollen but also congested. After getting the swelling down using a cold compress I noticed a small white dot that almost looks like hard snot but it will not come out. I do not think it s broken as there is no bruising or redness but I m not quite sure what to make of the spot right inside her left nostril . Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012