Got hit on knee. Small lump appeared after few month. What could it be?

I hit my knee i ona hard corner of my dash board in my car, the direct point hit my knee cap full on and the pain was horriable and sore after. Some monthhs later I have a small lump about the size of a butter bean on my capella at the bottom and it feels like hard gristle/ fluid bone like strange. Ive had an xray but waiting for the results any ideas what i might of done to it or what this lump is?
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 20 minutes later
Thanks for the query

There are fluid filled sacs in our joints that protects the tendons and muscles, they are called bursae. These bursae when damaged due to either reason mainly due to trauma results in small lumps called bursitis. It is the due to fluid leaking into the outer tissue and accumulating there. It is not any troubling condition and subsides within time.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask