Got hit on face. Getting headache, sore neck and heaviness. Should I be concerned?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
On friday night I was playing hockey and leaned over. Got hit in the face/head hard when someone came full speed past me. I fell to the ice holding my head for a few seconds got up. A little dazed and got off the ice. Shook my head got an instant Dull head ache all around.. Continued to play for an hour. got home at 1 AM Stayed up until 4am to see in anything happened. Went to sleep. worked the next day. now its sunday and i feel most of the dullness has gone away. I have some dull pain on the top right part of my head. very Slight Dull head ache. and my neck is sore all around. Other than that no other symptoms I am aware of. I got a full sleep last night. Dull pain still remains. Feels slightly bruised or heavy. Don't know how else to explain it. Just wondering how long it can last and if thats normal.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 minutes later sems like you had typical brain commotio and it goes with these symptoms. in most cases it is benign and have no consueqenses BUT sometimes some more serious injuries must be ruled out. i wouldnt joke with it because subdural or epidural haematomas can occur with no significant trauma or head swellings.even 2-4 days after injury intracranial bleeding can occur. especially if you are sleepy, have vision disorder,vertigo,nausea and vomiting. if you have any of these please go to hospital and do rtg or ct scan of head and neck. if you have any other question i am here