Got head injury. Started getting headache with bleeding nose. Should I go for medical test?

Gastroenterologist
Question
A few hours ago prolly more like 6 hrs ago I crashed on my snowboard and hit my head pretty hard. I was wearing a helmet, but it still gave me a headache for a while. Just now my nose started to bleed out of nowherr. I was outside in the cold, but.could the two be related
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 23 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Though the nose bleed occurred 6 hours after the head injury, it is prudent to get a CT scan done to rule out XXXXXXX injury.

The bleed might be due to a local injury in the nose or a more serious XXXXXXX injury. In either case , medical attention is needed.

I advise you to get immediate medical attention.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Got head injury. Started getting headache with bleeding nose. Should I go for medical test? 22 minutes later
Thank you for the quick reply. I was outside working on my car and I came inside where my room is heated with electric space heaters. This is when my nose bleed occured. It also stopped right away. I have a problem and that is my car broke down when I got home n the nearest er is 45 mi away. It is 330 here and.my dr opens at 8. Is this something I can wait for 4.5 hrs or should I call an ambulance? Or what do you suggest?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 20 minutes later
If you have symptoms like persistent vomiting, increasing headache, seizures, loss of consciousness, irritability, you need immediate medical medical attention.
If you have none of these, you can wait for the time you have mentioned. But get medical attention as early as possible.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini