Got head injury. Feeling dizzy, noticed swelling and bruises around eyes. Concerned

Neurologist, Surgical
Hello, my girlfriend fell off a little goped and hit the front of her head (Cheek and right above eye). She never lost consciousness and didnt feel sick. Her eye started swelling pretty fast and we iced it every hour. Swelling went away and black eye is now in place. Today we came back to work and after working on the computer for a few hours she is feeling a bit sick and got a little dizzy along with trouble focusing eyes for a few seconds after laying back. Should we be concerned? The injury occurred 72 hours ago
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 5 hours later

I have gone through the history and picture provided by you. It seems you have a peri-orbital (around eyes) hemorrhage and edema due to injury. It looks like the hemorrhage and edema are resolving; but it would take few days to weeks to resolve completely.

The dizziness she had is highly unlikely to be due to head injury.

If symptoms are increasing or taking more time to resolve, you can consult Ophthalmologist for examination.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.