Got hard hit on back of head and lump appeared. Started getting strange feeling. Any thoughts?

I was mucking around with a couple of young boys I got punched in the back of the head now I have a golf ball size lump. I am feeling ok but every now and then I start to feel a tiny bit funny
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The lump you have on the back of your head could be a scalp hematoma due to the trauma you had. This is not serious and will subside in a day or two. Application of ice would speed up the recovery.

Such head injuries can also lead to intracranial bleed which is a life threatening condition. You may have to look for certain signs which are presented when there is an intracranial bleed like:

Constant or progressive headache
Nausea and vomiting
Loss or consciousness
Altered sensorium

If you notice any of the above symptoms you may have to get yourself examined in the ER at the earliest to rule out intracranial bleed.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.