Ask a Urologist   »  

Got a cut on penis. Feeling sick, tingling on penis tip and itchy scrotum. Chances of HIV?

Hi Doc,
I had trimmed my pubic region and while doing that, i got a small minute cut on the lower end of the penis. A small blood drop came for 1 sec and after that i have not seen anything oozing out.
1)Exactly after 4 days i went to this massage parlour and got a handjob. i do not know if she has had cuts or anything of any sorts. she just gave me a hand job and thats it.. more or less..
2)i did check my penis , the cut seemed sealed.. no red marks or anything. just a white skins..
3) I had a shoe bite like 2 days before the massage.
4) Just have a small tingly feeling on the penis tip and unoccassional itchy scrotum(may be cause i trimmed).NO paining penis or irritational urines.
5) No marks or sores on the genital area( after 9days) ..
6)well after 7 days.. i just feel kinda feverish and sick(the guys who sits besides me at office is sick) no body aches..
7)I have this fear of something i might have picked up from a handjob from the massage Lady.

Q2)What are my chances for hiv?
Q3)Can any1 pick up anything through a case like mine?
Q4) do i need to take any tests for any risks??
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 27 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Ive gone through the details provided by you.

I feel that you have no reason to catch HIV.The incident described by you does not fall into category of EXPOSURE TO HIV.

There doesn't seems to be any possibility of getting HIV infection in your case.

For your information, I would like to add that the main ways in which someone can become infected with HIV are:

-Unprotected penetrative intercourse with someone who is infected.

- Unprotected oral sex or anal sex with out condom with some one who is infected.

-Injection or transfusion of contaminated blood or blood products, donation of semen (artificial insemination), skin grafts or organ transplants taken from someone who is infected.

-From an infected mother to her baby; this can occur during pregnancy, at birth and through breastfeeding.
-Sharing unsterilized injection equipment that has previously been used by someone who is infected.

With the history what you have submitted there doesn't seems to have any exchange of fluid ,and therefore you should not be worried at all.

You do not need any tests also.

Feeling feverish is more to do with catching FLU or common cold than anything else.

Hope this helps.

I would be available for any further clarification if you feel so.

Follow-up: Got a cut on penis. Feeling sick, tingling on penis tip and itchy scrotum. Chances of HIV? 15 minutes later
1) I am not sure whether the massage lady had any open cuts(as that could cause an exchange of fluids), is that a possibility?
how much can that be in my case??
2) What about the cut on the penis or the shoe bite, is that a problem??
3) Any signs i should watch out for??
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 16 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXX,

Even if she had cuts on her hands its a risk factor for her and not you.

This is also a very very rare possibility.

Even after unprotected sex with ejaculation also there is only 0.03%chance of getting HIV per exposure.Considering this you have almost zero risk of transmission.

Cut on the penis shoe bite would be a problem if you had penetrative sex only.As you did not have any of these.It is a not a problem.

Sero conversion illness is the one which occurs after 4 weeks of getting HIV infection.

It is characterized by
Decreased appetite
Muscle stiffness or aching
Skin Rash
Sore throat
Swollen lymph glands
Ulcers of the mouth and esophagus

you should watch for these signs. If you have more than 2 such symptoms persisting you should get your self checked.

Hope Ive made myself clear.

Follow-up: Got a cut on penis. Feeling sick, tingling on penis tip and itchy scrotum. Chances of HIV? 8 hours later
HI doc,
Thank you,, so i have no reason to be worried about right??
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

There is nothing to be worried about.

Hope this helps.