Getting headache, stomachache and itchy rashes on legs. How to get tested for schistosomiasis?

Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 1 hour later

Schistosomiasis is a completely treatable disease. You can get treated for it at any of the tertiary care centers in Australia.

You will need to see an XXXXXXX medicine specialist who could test you for blood, stool and urine to confirm on the diagnosis of Schistosomiasis. Presence of eggs of the parasite in urine or stool is diagnostic of the disease.

Please let me know about your current location in Australia, so that I can help you out with the hospital care settings, where you can get treated for this.

In any case, you can talk to your primary care physician and he may be able to guide you to the right specialist and hospital.

Hope I have been able to answer your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you