Getting feelings of dizziness and light headed. Taking Irbesartan and Allopurinol. What to do?

I am 61 male, blood pressure 125/69 and I have just started getting feelings of dizziness and light headed. I am currently taking BP medication Irbesartan Sandoz Irbesartan 150mg & Allosig 300 mg Allopurinol - 1 each per day.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hypoglycemia Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query You blood pressure is under good control, the reason for your light headedness is most probably because of hypoglycemia, you have indicated that your are a type 2 diabetic, please mention the medications you are on ( you have only mentioned irbesartan and allopurinol) it might have to be readjusted. Here are my suggestions 1. Take a spoonful of sugar when you are feeling giddy and light headed, if it improves with it then most proabably it is because of the low sugars 2. If the symptoms dont improve then I suggest you meet an ENT specialist to rule out vertigo. It will have to be treated with Tab betahistidine 8 mg three times daily for 1 week I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards