Getting feelings of dizziness and light headed. Taking Irbesartan and Allopurinol. What to do?
User rating for this question
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hypoglycemia Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query You blood pressure is under good control, the reason for your light headedness is most probably because of hypoglycemia, you have indicated that your are a type 2 diabetic, please mention the medications you are on ( you have only mentioned irbesartan and allopurinol) it might have to be readjusted. Here are my suggestions 1. Take a spoonful of sugar when you are feeling giddy and light headed, if it improves with it then most proabably it is because of the low sugars 2. If the symptoms dont improve then I suggest you meet an ENT specialist to rule out vertigo. It will have to be treated with Tab betahistidine 8 mg three times daily for 1 week I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of irbesartan?
- Is feeling faint, dizzy, or lightheaded a side effect of allopurinol?
- Do when you chest is tightening due to anemia
- What causes sleep disturbances after taking irbesartan
- Is dizziness a side effect of allopurinol?
- Blood pressure 11263 for 19 year old
- I broken my index toe and cant take the pain what medicine c
- I am recovering from a body lice infestation i read where
- Is blood pressure reading 11288 ok
- How long till a scabies rash breaks out
- Is 11284 blood pressure good
- Blood pressure of 11282
- Will taking irbesartan be safe for high bp
- Is 11276 a healthy blood pressure
- I have a small lump in my neck and im coughing a lot