Getting feelings of dizziness and light headed. Taking Irbesartan and Allopurinol. What to do?
User rating for this question
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hypoglycemia Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query You blood pressure is under good control, the reason for your light headedness is most probably because of hypoglycemia, you have indicated that your are a type 2 diabetic, please mention the medications you are on ( you have only mentioned irbesartan and allopurinol) it might have to be readjusted. Here are my suggestions 1. Take a spoonful of sugar when you are feeling giddy and light headed, if it improves with it then most proabably it is because of the low sugars 2. If the symptoms dont improve then I suggest you meet an ENT specialist to rule out vertigo. It will have to be treated with Tab betahistidine 8 mg three times daily for 1 week I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards
People also viewed
- Infected sebaceoys cyst in pregnancy
- What are the side effects of irbesartan?
- Infected sebaceous cyst tiredness
- Is feeling faint, dizzy, or lightheaded a side effect of allopurinol?
- Is low blood pressure or pulse a side effect of darvocet a500?
- Infant with penile cyst
- How long should a pilonidal cyst leak
- Huge painful cysts on waistline
- What causes sleep disturbances after taking irbesartan
- Is dizziness a side effect of allopurinol?
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of adrenaclick?
- Will taking irbesartan be safe for high bp
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of cefpodoxime?
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of amlodipine/benazepril?
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of tenoretic 50?