Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting dizziness and tingling sensation in head. Having urge to urinate. Required treatment?

Question
Hello. I'm not sure what kind of doctor or OBGY to talk to about this but I have questions about 2 different things going on.

One of the things I have a question about is that for the past 2 days or so, I have urgency as well as a pressure feeling when I urinate. When I do, it seems to be of normal color but I find there are small red pieces of what appears to be tissue. Any idea of what this is or the cause?

The other thing I have a question about is seemingly random dizzy spells which involve tingling on one side of my head and swaying to that side (which is, at least sometimes, the left side). It seems to lasts for less than a minute usually, except for the one I had yesterday but I am worried because about 2 months ago, I had 2 in the span of 2-3 weeks.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 24 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The urinary symptoms are classical for a bladder infection called acute cystitis. This is usually accompanied in some cases by mild bleeding that could turn urine dark red.
A urinalysis, urine cats analysis , culture and anti biotic sensitivity tests are required for proper management.
For the random dizziness, it might occur at times either due to hypoglycemia or nauseating environmental conditions.
Medical conditions that could cause dizziness could range from cardiac, migraines and other primary headaches.
I suggest you visit an internist or experienced family physician for an initial clinical evaluation and management.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Getting dizziness and tingling sensation in head. Having urge to urinate. Required treatment? 3 hours later
Wow! Thank you. I'll get to a doctor asap. Thank you so much.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 hours later
Thanks so much too and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.