Get sneezing when take bath or roam in dust areas with watery nose and have itchy back at night

Question
Every time when I take a bath or roam in any dust areas, suddenly getting to much sneezes. water is shedding from my nose. some times at late mid nights some kind of itching also happening at my back bone area.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prevention is better...

Detailed Answer:

Yes, you seems to suffering from an allergic condition. But before I begin, I would like to say that, itching on the back and nasal symptoms are not related. Itchy back may be due to insect bite or nocturnal parasitic infection or unknown cause. You can deal with it separately if this has been an every day problem. As far as nasal symptoms are concerned my comment is as follows:

Allergies is not a disease. It is just that your genetic blue print has made you sensitive to a particular substance. Unfortunately this blue print cannot be corrected. Therefore in pure sense, allergies cannot be cured. It can only be prevented.

What I advice my patient is to learn to live with it if the symptoms aren't troubling a lot. You can explore various means to correct it only if they are causing serious troubles to you and your activities. If it is affecting you, then first use symptomatic therapy. Oral cetrizine tablets is effective. Alternatives like nasal steroid (duonase nasal spray) can be useful too.

After years of dealing with similar patients, I have also found that most people with severe nasal allergic symptoms also have a co-existing nasal problems like a deviated nasal septum, sinusitis, a hypertrophied turbinate or a polyp. Surgical remedies can relieve the most distressful symptoms. Therefore it would be worthwhile to consider visiting an ENT surgeon if symptoms are very severe.

Lastly, though we say allergies cannot be cured, most individuals are try to explore means to cure it. If you wish to spend time and money attempting a cure, then desensitization process and alternate medicine (ayurveda, homeopathy and other holistic approaches) are few that I would suggest.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Get sneezing when take bath or roam in dust areas with watery nose and have itchy back at night 9 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. and at late mid nights along with itching, getting little bit cough and its difficult to breathe too. is there any relation between allergy and these symptoms.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nasal symptoms and back symptoms are not related..

Detailed Answer:
Apologies for the late reply...

Back itching and your previous nasal allergies are not related.

Like I said in my last answer; if the back itching and other symptoms are bothering you, then you will need to see a physician for evalation. I would suggest complete blood count, absolute eosinophil count, chest X-ray as well as stool routine and microscopy test in such cases. You can plan the tests after discussing with a physician.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
If all your questions are answered, please close this discussion.

Follow-up: Get sneezing when take bath or roam in dust areas with watery nose and have itchy back at night 1 hour later
AS YOU SUGGESTED THAT PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE, CAN YOU SUGGEST ME WHAT TYPE OF FOOD I HAVE TO TAKE AND NOT TO TAKE, FOR CONTROLLING THE NASAL SYMPTOMS.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fruits and vegetables...

Detailed Answer:
Green vegetables and fruits which are XXXXXXX in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants can be useful in this situation. It has properties to improve your body resistance and detoxifying effects which at times will help you deal with this problem.

Let me know if you need clarifications.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.