Gained weight after delivery, increased facial hair, mood changes, pain in ovarian area, diarrhea. Cyst?

I am 32 years old and a mother to 3. I am a white female, 5'8 and 250 lbs. Since I had my last child almost a year ago, I have had eevrral health issues. I gain weight regardless to how much I eat or do not eat. I have more facial hair than I had before especially under the chin/neck area. My moods are also very flighty. In the past couple months I have been having a pain in my lower right ovary area, normally a day or so before my period but it starts to hurt even when I pee. I have also been having diarrhea and headaches. I know that I have cysts ob my ovaries. When I was pregnant the doctor would sometimes have issues seeing certain things on the ultrasound because of the cyst. I also have liytle to no energy and always feel tired. Could this be my cysts or something else??
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 1 hour later
Hello, Ccn0000,
I am sure that your obstetrecian-gynecologist has examined
you and sent you for appropriate blood tests to make sure
you do not have any endocrine problems. You might need
to see an endocrinologist for further tests.
Diarrhea is also related to certain tumors that affect the colon.
Villous adenoma can cause problems with diarrhea.
Certain tumors that affect the parathyriod glands that are
around the kidneys can also cause similar problems.
I want to make sure that you get a complete thyroid blood
tests and also get a blood calcium and phosphorus levels
checked along with your protein levels.
If you have not had a CT-scan of your abdomen and pelvis,
I suggest you have thwt also.
Please followup with your doctor.
Wish you well.