GAD feeling throughout the body, small indentation on face, no pain. Is it normal?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I suffer from Gad, ibs and tension and allergy headaches.

Lately with my gad I have been feeling around on my body.

I felt on my skull near my hairlines vertical indentation on my left hand side of my face, closer to the middle of my face that is about the width of my index finger (I have very small hands) and iT foes around the frontal bone .

I also have another smaller indentation on the other side of the middle of my face which is very faint and again by my other frontal bone.

Does not hurt to the touch. Just with my anxiety I worry about it.

When I was born, I was a twin on the bottom and was born with a misshaped head which was corrected by changing my sleeping positions.

I do not know if it has changed, but is it normal?

And think its been there for a while.

I then have
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 17 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that the findings you described are fairly normal and there is no need to worry about them.

Most likely, they have been there for long, however noted by you now or become more noticeable now.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: GAD feeling throughout the body, small indentation on face, no pain. Is it normal? 1 hour later
Thank you. So its ok the indentatiin is size of ny pointer finger

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Thank you for getting back.
It is alright to have indentation the size of your pointer finger.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: GAD feeling throughout the body, small indentation on face, no pain. Is it normal? 15 hours later
after feeling my head a lot, they feel equal in size on both sides, you cannot see it unless i touch it, with the older i get/ weight loss will i feel it more?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 29 minutes later
It would not vary much in size, as you get older. However, there could be some loss of subcutaneous and scalp tissue with age, so, it may feel a bit deeper then.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: GAD feeling throughout the body, small indentation on face, no pain. Is it normal? 2 hours later
thank you, i have been feeling my forhead so much it feels sore, and also jsut for me to know what would those indentations be called ?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 minutes later
Thank you for getting back. Hopefully, you can stop feeling or applying pressure at those areas. The soreness would go away.

There is no specific name for that, you can call them indentations over skull bones or scalp.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: GAD feeling throughout the body, small indentation on face, no pain. Is it normal? 39 minutes later
Sorry to be so annoying. I really am, after having a good feel they feel symmetrical , cause before I did not look in a mirror when feeling and being dyspraxic my judgement was off.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

I can understand your concern, but I wish to reassure you that there is no need to worry or get concerned about them.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM