Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent Urination after taking water, dry lips with less water intake. Advise?

i myself XXXXXXX from dhanbad jharkhand , my problem is that as soon as i drink water then after go for toilet that-ways i don't drink water before going to sleep for long times
due to less intake of water , my lips are always dry , i think so- is it right ?
due to it , i can not take water sufficient that need to go toilet again and again . kindly advise me properly.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later

Having frequent urination after drinking water is most commonly psychogenic in nature. Not drinking adequate water is not a solution as this will affect the other functions of your body. Diabetes insipidus needs to be ruled out. There can also be associated electrolyte imbalance in the body.

You need to consult your physician for proper evaluation of renal functions and thyroid functions. Other organic causes need to be ruled out by certain blood tests. The treatment will depend on the cause.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.