Found whitehead like lesion on cheek. What could it be?

My 5 year old had a pretty good sized single whitehead pop up on her cheek over the last two days. I took a picture of it beside a pencil eraser with my phone. Is it just a pimple or possibly a staph infection and what should we try on it. Thanks for your help. I can send you the picture from my phone.
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 25 minutes later
This whitehead like lesion could be a simple pustule due to bacterial infection, comedone, milia or molluscum contagiosum.

I would like to know
since how long is your child having this lesion.
If the surrounding area is red or inflammed
Also it would be of immense help, if you could upload a clear image of the concerned area as it would help me in deciding te possibilities.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.
Follow-up: Found whitehead like lesion on cheek. What could it be? 11 minutes later
I've uploaded an image. The lesion just started yesterday.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 minutes later
Thanks for uploading an image of the concerned area.
It looks like a bacterial infection or impetigo.
To treat the same, do moist warm compresses over the area twice in a day followed by application of antibacterial cream like nadifloxacin or fusidic acid or mupirocin or neosporin. It would take couple of days to heal.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be further doubts, I would be happy to assist you.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery. Take care.