Found low platelets, elevated CRP and RBC's. Blood filled blisters developed. How to treat this?

I am confused. Over the past 22 years, I have had extremely elevated XXXXXXX sed rates, CRP, and low complements. Now, I do not have any elevated ANA's but elevated CRP but high complements, elevated RBC's, low platelets. Rheumy has suggested a lip biopsy as well as a biopsy, when they occur, of these blood filled blisters that develop from time to time. How can you go from definite autoimmune illness to not an autoimmune just inflammation. I sure do feel bad.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 4 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic.

Thank you for your query.
I am sorry to know that you are suffering a lot.

SLE (lupus nephritis develops.

Blisters sometimes develop in SLE.
Autoimmune skin disease may be associated with SLE.
Blister is a common features of autoimmune skin disease like pemphigus vulgaris, lupus pemphigoid etc.

I think that there is no doubt about having SLE.
Now the main thing is to exclude other autoimmune disease.
Lip biopsy is needed to exclude sjogren’s syndrome.
It is another autoimmune disease, which may be associated with SLE.
This combination is not uncommon.

I think I have been some help of your query. Please do write back for further discussion on this. I would be glad to provide you with more information.