Have slight swellings in front of ears. Feel hard when I clench my teeth. Have under active thyroid. What to do?

uncomfortable slight swellings in front of my ears. Feels like glands swollen . They are soft except when i clench my teeth they feel very hard and are then noticeable. They have been slightly painful at times but mostly causing slight discomfort. Also tingling across both sides of my face at times. Dont know if related but I have underactive thyroid, dry eyes and my TSH is 11.6 after recent blood test even though I have been taking thyroxine as prescribed, last T4 was 18. I have been told to increase thyroxine by 25mcgs and have another blood test in 6 weeks
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out Sjogren syndrome.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for asking your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that in my opinion you can be suffering from a condition known as sjogrens syndrome and swelling before ears can be parotid enlargement . You also give a history of dry eyes which supports this disease entity .

I think you should see a rheumatologist for this . Regarding thyroid problem I would advise you to get a TPO antibody test done to see if your hypothyroidism has an autoimmune etiology.

The symptoms you are giving are non specific but still these two conditions need to be ruled out according to the history you have provided .

Dr. Shruti

Dr. Shruti