Forgot to take a break after 21 days using birth control pills

what can i do if i forgot to take abreak after my 21 days of being on the pill? ive been 27 days and no break im really woried please help me im confused and i dont know what to do thanks
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 hours later
Hi there,
Welcome to healthcare magic
If you forgot to take your break and started the next pack of pills immediately after 21 days then you will simply not get your periods this cycle.That is nothing to worry about.

You have 2 options here.Either you continue this pack and finish it and after 21 days you take a break and get your periods.Or if you stop now,your cycle will become irregular.And although you might get your periods, you will have to have to start your new pack from a different date. Basically your dates will become confused and your cycle will be broken.

I suggest that you continue this pack, finish the 21 pills and take the 7 day pill free break after that. You should bleed after that. It will help you maintain your pattern and not confuse the dates.

Hope that helps.