For how long does Xanex traces remain in system after its intake?

Question
I HV REPEATEDLY ASK THIS HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR XANEX TO LEAVE u' R SYSTEM I COLD TURLEY' D IT 4 DAYS AGO SO FAR SO GOOD MEDICALLY WHAT IS THE TIME FRAME NO AFTER THE PHYSICAL COMES PSYCHOLOCY WAS ON 0.5 MG 2 TIMES ADAY
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Xanax should be reduced slowly to be safe Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare Magic! Xanax is alprazolam which is a good anxiety reducing drug, helpful for panic attacks and has sleep modifying effects. The drug must be prescribed and handled in supervision of a local physician and should be tapered slowly. Stopping suddenly may lead to epileptic fits or may cause unpredictable medical emergency. You were lucky that you did not suffer such calamity. The drug usually exits the system to undetectable levels in 7 days, if liver function tests are normal. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!

Follow-up: For how long does Xanex traces remain in system after its intake? 7 hours later
Decided during the flu so some heavy sweating & fever was able to whine and probably couldn't so this is 5th day no prob so far what do U suggest???

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 days later
Brief Answer: you will be fine with rest and nutrition Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome back. The treatment of flu is different and supportive in nature along with hydration and rest which will also help a comfortable weaning. As I told you have come off the troublesome period of withdrawal symptoms without any pressure. If you feel return of initial symptoms then please consult a local psychiatrist again. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.