Fell down and had hit on back of head. Feeling headache and getting blurred vision. Any suggestion?

Nov 2013

I slipped and fell about an hour and a half ago on the kitchen floor hitting the back of my head. I did not black out and am not experiencing any nausea or vomiting. I have a pretty bad headache that is dull and achy 7 out of 10. Moving my eyes from left to right hurts and feels like pulling. The back of my head does not really hurt but almost immediately got a headache in the front of my head. I had blurry vision for a moment but it corrected itself. Should I go to the er for further evluation?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
At present, your symptoms look like a mild head injury and there is no need to go to ER at the moment.
Please watch for the following warning symptoms:
Severe headache,
Recurrent vomiting,
Altered consciousness or drowsiness,
Double vision,
Weakness or numbness on one half of the body.
If you develop any of the symptoms as mentioned above, you may visit the ER.
As of now, you could take analgesics such as Tylenol or diclofenac to reduce the pain.
Please get back if you have any further queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (neurology) XXXXXXX consultant neurologist