Feeling palpitations all over body, pain in shoulder, hand and rib cage. Medical test done. Any solution?

Hi Doc,

I am suffering with severe left shoulder pain to with radiating pain upto my left hand fingers and Left Rib Cage. There are is soothing pain to my chest and I can feel palpitations all over my body especially to the left side of my body. These days they are getting even worse with Squeezing pain on Heart .

I am suffering with these symptoms over the past one year and I under went with many diagnosis including CBP(3 times) ,complete Cardiac Profile(3 times), MRI , CT , Thyroid you name it .I have consulted many doctors from Cardiac , Neurology and General Physicians areas. But none of them helped to identify the problem and to provide a relaxation for it.

Can you please help me out in diagnosing the problem that I am facing and to provide a permanent solution for this .

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 11 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
I don't know the reports of the previous investigations,but if they are all normal then there is little one can suggest without seeing you clinically.
Pain radiating to the areas you have mentioned are essentially neurological in origin.
MRI of the cervical spine and brachial nerves along with a hand nerves should be the initial investigation.A doppler study of the upper left arm should be done to exclude vascular causes.
Pain killers like gabapentim can be tried after consultation with your doctor.
Acupressure and acupuncture can be tried.
I hope your blood sugar and blood pressure are normal.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.