Feeling nauseous, getting pain in stomach and bitter taste in mouth. What is going on?

General Surgeon
Feeling very nauseous and got a weird pain in my stomach, also got a bitter taste in my mouth, I have been feeling like this for the last few days. The nauseous feeling is there most of the day
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

If your pain is located in the upper middle abdomen, such symptoms are most likely caused by peptic ulcer or acid reflux disease. If the pain is located in the upper right abdomen and radiates to the back, it can be caused by gallstones.
If you have also constipations or there was no stool for few days now, it can be bowel obstruction.
It is advisable for you to have some diagnostics. You should start with abdominal ultrasound, full blood work, liver tests, amylase and urine analysis. Upper GI endoscopy should be performed as well.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.