Feeling nauseous, breast tenderness and having menstrual cramps with no bleeding. Concerned

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am having menestral like cramps with no bleeding for 4 days now, food cravings, nauseous, and breast tenderness, what could it be
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 21 minutes later

In pregnancy, cramps may occur even if the bleeding is not occurring. After the fertilization, the egg implants itself in the endometrial lining, and this causes the muscles of the uterus to contract. The contraction of muscles can cause cramps in some cases with or without implantation bleeding.

Ovarian cysts are fluid filled sacs that develop on the ovaries. The two most common cysts are follicle cysts and corpus luteum cysts. Follicle cysts form when the sac fails to break open to release an egg during ovulation, instead the sac keeps growing. These cysts may grow up to four inches and may twist or bleed causing pain.

It is better to get appointment with gynaecologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plan according to it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.