Feeling fatigued with weakness, changed bowel movements and nausea. Yet to undergo endoscopy and blood tests. Worried?

My WCC blood test result is 11.5 and Lymphs is 4.8 Are they high or low and what do the readings mean. Are they good or bad? I have been feeling very unwell, fatiguedwith weakness, changed bowel movements and changed consistency, nausea, low appetite, puffed up stomach with pain., gas, craving for sweet things.My mother died at 67 with a fluidy cancer in the stomach which went to her lungs and drowned her. I feel I have her symptoms. Dad had pernicious anaemia and died of stroke. My doctor is sending me for endescopy/colonoscopy, but in his letter to Specialist he does not mention my parents symptoms, just my blood test results. I am having another blood test in 2 weeks. including I think for pernicious anaemia. I am not sure if he is being thorough enough by not writing down my history.
When do I get the answer to the above question?
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Results are not alarming

Detailed Answer:
Normal WBC count is 4000 to 0000 per micro litre of blood and normal lymphocyte count is 1000 to 4800.
So we can say your WBC count is slightly high and lymphocyte is normal though towards higher side.
In wake of your symptoms provided, it couldbe due to some infection.
Even if your parents had serious ailments, your present report does not signify either. So do not panic.
just follow your doctor's advise and go ahead with the tests. If having any doubt you can let the doctor who would do your endo/ colonoscopy know that your mother had carcinoma.
Hope that helped.
Follow-up: Feeling fatigued with weakness, changed bowel movements and nausea. Yet to undergo endoscopy and blood tests. Worried? 1 hour later
Thank you. What are the symptoms of carcinoma? Is that the fluidy cancer of the stomach that my mother had? She died very quickly from diagnosis in XXXXXXX and in October she was dead. I hope I don't have it, but I can't deny the similar symptoms. Will the endoscopy find the cancer? I have had an enormous amount of stress in my life which my mother also had and stress does have a bad effect on the body and could cause cancer to develop. I will tell the operating doctor the history of my family.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Endoscopy will rule out carcinoma.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
Stomach carcinoma can present as indigestion, loss of appetite, bloating, blood in vomiting, stomach discomfort, burning sensation, weakness etc.
I believe that you have simple case of infection only but yes to be on safer side get an endoscopy done and if required the doctor will suggest further tests.
Stress can lead to or exacerbate many illnesses but it being the sole cause for a particular ailment is a myth.
I would advise that you be stress free and get your tests done.
Wishing you a healthy life ahead.