Feeling dizzy. Is it brain tumor?

Hello doctor, I have been feeling so dizzy for the past few months, it comes and goes but lately it's all day in all positions, nothing is moving but I'm dizzy, but I can walk and balance yet am dizzy, I just asked a doctor online and he said it could be tumor in the brain, and now I'm scared and crying. I saw a doctor and he ran blood tests and checked my eyes, could he know if its in my brain from only checking the eyes. I'm so frustrated from the dizziness and now scared of what the other doctor said, I'm sleepless , please help
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 6 hours later

I hope my answers as an expert Neurologist (who specializes in brain) can come as an assurance to you and leave the anxiety and stop worrying about brain tumor.

Regarding the dizziness I feel you are suffering from Benign positional paroxysmal vertigo. A simple bed side test can diagnose and treat your problem. Brain tumors does not cause dizziness. They cause more of headache, vomiting, seizures and weakness while moving.

I am sorry you are dealing with this frustrating concern and I hope you can find yourself in better health soon with the help of your vertigo specialist. You need to also see ENT doctor to rule out problems in your external ear. Both medications and exercises work well for this kind of problems.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them, else please accept my answer.

Dr Shiva Kumar R